Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet

Trick or Treat
Smell my Feet
Give me something 
Good to Eat...

I always used to secretly sing that song as I rang the doorbell when I was a young'n. Anyhow, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! I wish I had somewhere more important to go than to my open lab for Anatomy tonight, and I certainly wish Mike would be home from work to celebrate with me... unfortunately that's not the case. BUT I can still be excited and eat all the candy that we bought for the little kiddies. 

Last post I had was of me getting ready to put up Halloween decor.. since it's the actual holiday I thought it appropriate to update before it was too late -  tomorrow. :) So, here are the basics.
I love pinterest. It's true. And I'm addicted. But at least it feeds my passion for creativity.. right?! Well I found these lovely printouts among many other ideas and decided these would be most cost effective. So here they are!! Aren't they beauties?! 


I certainly got excited when I put them up - although I had a run in with the printer. Yeah it ran out of ink. Mike was a genius and suggested to buy markers so we didn't have to spend the extra moolah on colored ink. I got the cheap brand though - but I mean who knew Crayola was cheap?! - so each marker ran out after one use. LAME. 

So many other exciting things happened this month!!
My parents and brother came to visit and we all went to Outback... Yummy!
I tried herbal tea for the first time and loved it - but only with added sugar.

I wore a sweater that I added a heart to, to work... I got lots of compliments!! :) Yay!!

There was a week that Mike and I were a little worn down from school/work etc. and Mike actually got sick. But of course he was fabulous and left me a little note when I got home from work with a can of soup- what a cutie.

We got sparkly pumpkins to decorate the apartment. I. Love. Them.

Mike and I went to Broulims to pick up some pumpkins to carve with our wonderful friends Nicole and Blake and on our way home from picking up pumpkins we stopped in at The Cocoa Bean and got pumpkin hot chocolate and a butterfinger cupcake. Mmmm. I love pumpkin EVERYTHING.




Mike made homemade salsa- he's such a wonderful cook. We finished it within 2 or 3 hours. 

Sunday we carved pumpkins with Nicole and Blake... I absolutely love them to death. Talk about perfect couple. They are so happy and funny and real. I just love them. WE.HAD.A.BLAST!!!! "Happy H'lon" hahaha!! - Ignore the whole glasses situation, I thought I had scratched my eye but turns out it was the contact. Figures :) - 





{here is a beautiful picture of me and my amazing friend Nicole}

{I had fun editing... it is Halloween you know}


Monday- we had steak. Seriously the best dinner we've had in forever!!! Well, I take that back but we have been getting sick of chicken. So needless to stay, stake was a fabulous burst of flavor in our mouths.

It's been quite the eventful month of October. I have been running with a co-worker every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday... I finally timed my mile and it was a fabulous 7:53!!! Heck to the yes. I was pretty freaking astounded. (Considering the shape I have been in). Anyhow, I am wanting to get down to 7:00 as my fastest... also I started a 30 day work out - on top of the running because I feel like I need to work on other things too- and if any of you are interested, here are the sites I've been looking at. They are both wonderful but trust me they are hard!! The one I started today was Body Rock. It's absolutely fabulous. It starts out with a personal test and mine wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but I'm going to start posting my personal scores on the blog. Feel free to follow!! The second site is Bender Fitness and looks just as wonderful if not better! So I might make my own workout routine between the two sites. Anyhow, if anyone is looking for free online workout videos that wouldn't be too hard to stick to, these are them!! I am so excited to finally find something that works for me.

Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been having a nice break from full time school :) And a HUGE YAY for doing a 7:53 mile!! So So So impressive. Wanna push me to do that too? Anyway you are awesome and looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete