Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tent Night

What a weekend it was!! Friday and Saturday I had to take three tests which was exhausting and unfortunately Mike and I never went for our 6 mile run...we went for a 2 mile instead. Good news is: We did  5 on Monday!! Allison - we made the Temple run just for you and it kicked our butts! We made it up the hill in ten minutes though so we were making good time. Friday night was fantastic. Since we didn't have time to do date night {which we moved to Saturday instead}, we tried G's dairy which was FABULOUS.
{forgive the qualities of the pictures, I lost my camera and have resorted to phones}

 I am pretty sure the guy accidentally gave us a three scoop bowl instead of two, but I was not complaining. I've decided they have the best ice cream I have ever had. It kicks Cold Stone straight in the face. Mike loved it too, he never told me his official 1-10 rating but with every bite it went from 8.5 to 9.3 and so on. We watched our TV show Once Upon a Time while we had those delicious bowls of ice cream... and actually got to bed before 1 that night! It was a weird week last week, we were stuck on this late night routine. No fun.

Saturday. What can I say? We woke up at ten :) Oops. I studied for two more tests that I took, Mike had a group meeting, we were busy running errands and doing homework all stinkin day... and then the fun part. Mike had this planned for a while and guess what we did!!


We set up our tent, filled it with a billion blankets and pillows, and watched a movie! :) Not only was that amazing, but we tried Allison's homemade Winger recipe which was exactly like Wingers!


 
{Mikey making homemade french fries!!}
I WAS BLOWN AWAY!! So good. We had it two nights in a row because we couldn't have enough. :)
Another delicious recipe we have been loving is the homemade pizza!! {including the dough!!} Here is our most recent :
{Barbecue Chicken... MMMM}

Today (May 8th) is a month and 1 day of being married. It's flown by and little does mike know... I have a surprise for him. Since he was home all day yesterday, which would have been exactly a month,... I couldn't surprise him. LAME. He's taking a test tonight until 9ish so I am cooking dinner (Chicken, rice, and Kung Pow Sauce from Panda Express) and decorating with balloons. (Maybe some banners or something). I am planning on using some of the decoration plates and napkins Lori gave us {which have E's monogrammed on}. I hope he's surprised, he has had a stressful day today and maybe it'll take his mind off things. Anyhow, just wanted to catch everyone up!! Have a fabulous day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....Troy and I love the indoor camping date too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - cute! I LOVE your tent! And I LOVE G's Dairy - they are the best! :) I miss them! Sounds like the best time ever! Being newlyweds is the MOST awesome ever! It's a party every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the temple run. It kicked my butt every time but still fun. And glad you like the Sticky Fingers. They seriously are the best. You two are adorable.

    ReplyDelete